Last March 3, the English sections of H2 participated in the Sophomore Sonnet Slam as part of the celebrations for World Read Aloud Day organized by Lit World. The event, conducted at the High School Multipurpose Hall from 10:55 – 11:45 AM, culminated the students’ English lessons on Shakespearean sonnets, interpretative reading, word choice, and presentation skills Read the rest of this entry »
Archive for Magis
Congratulations to the following High School seniors for their awards:
Xavier Award: ALBERT LAGMAN (H4C)
MAGIS Award: JEREMY AARON KHO (H4B) and JOSH RAPHAEL LAM (H4A)
Richie Fernando Service Award: HARVEEN JHENDALL ANG (H4B) and JEREMY AARON KHO (H4B)
Fr. Rafael Cortina Exemplary Athlete Award: JOSH RAPHAEL LAM (H4A), KEVIN JON LIM (H4G), and JOSE ANTON MANUEL (H4G)
Once again, congratulations to our awardees for Xavier High School Class 2010! We are proud of you. Luceat Lux!
Isinulat ni Bb. Theresa Serrano, Guro ng Science sa Grade 6
Muling inilunsad ng Komite ng Kampanya para sa Paggalang ang programang humihikayat at nagpapaalala sa ating mga mag-aaral sa mababang paaralan na maging magalang sa lahat ng pagkakataon. Kaakibat ng komite ang ating mga gurong naghahangad na mapaunlad pa lalo ang kagandahang asal ng mga bata. Read the rest of this entry »
Last January 30, 2010, after a rigorous screening process, Neil Guevarra of High 4A was chosen one of the 12 recipients for this year’s 17th Filipino-Chinese Outstanding Student Award. This is an annual search conducted by the Aixin Foundation to honor outstanding Chinese-Filipino students. Read the rest of this entry »
Congratulations to all H4 students who passed the Ateneo College Entrance Exams (ACET) and the DLSU College Entrance Exams, especially those accepted as ADMU Merit Scholars and the candidates for DLSU Star scholars for SY 2010-2011! Read the rest of this entry »
Congratulations to our Xavier School students who are among the 2009 YES (Youth Excellence in Science) awardees. The Department of Science and Technology - Science Education Institute (DOST-SEI) conferred the YES awards on Dec. 9, at the PHILVOCS Auditiorium in U.P. Diliman, Quezon City.The DOST- SEI recognizes students who excel in international Science and Math competitions.
Out of 191 awardees from NCR schools, Xaverians numbered 16, making Xavier School one of only five schools which had more than 10 awardees. The others were Philippine Science High School, Chiang Kai Shek, Grace Christian, and St. Jude.Congratulations to the following Xaverians:
1. Lee, Andrew Vince L., Gr. 4C, Gold, 5th International Math Competition (IMC), Singapore
2. Uy, Mark Christopher S., Gr. 4A, Gold,5th International Math Competition (IMC),Singapore
3. Co, Sage Javis Y., Gr. 4C, Silver, 5th International Math Competition (IMC), Singapore
4. Diy, Luis Salvador R., Gr. 4E, Silver, 5th International Math Competition (IMC), Singapore
5. Keh, Sedrick Scott S. , Gr. 4B, Silver, 5th International Math Competition (IMC), Singapore
6. Uy, Matthew Johann S., Gr. 4 F, Silver, 5th International Math Competition (IMC), Singapore
7. Tan, Matthew Ryab A., Gr. 5D, Bronze, 5th International Math Competition (IMC), Singapore
8. Ethan, Fredric Tan, Gr. 7B, Bronze, 2009 China Primary Math Olympiad, Tianjin, China
1. Ang, Nathaniel Ryan T., H1 C, Gold Ind/Gold Team, Bronze, 2009 Wizards at Mathematics International Competition, 2009 China Primary National Olympiad, Lucknow, India; Tianjin, China
2. Dy, Aaron Jevon Anthony S., H1B, Bronze, 2009 China Junior High School Math Olympiad, Tianjin, China
3. Go, Brendon Matthew, H1B, Bronze, 2009 Philippine International Mathematics Competition, Iloilo, Phil.
4. Mayoralgo, Aldrich Aldwin, H2, Bronze, 2009 Philippine International Mathematics Competition, Iloilo, Phil.
5. Onglao, Mario Juvenal S. III, H3B, Bronze, 2009 China Junior High School Math Olympiad, Tianjin, China
6. Ong, Timothy Augustus, H4, Gold, Rio Tinto Big Science Competition
7. Tan, Marquis Alexandre, H4, Silver, 2009 Philippine International Mathematics Competition, Iloilo, Phil.
8. Yap, Jon Rubert T., H3C, Bronze, 2009 China Junior High School Math Olympiad, Tianjin, China
Photo taken by Joseph Cheng (09).
by Rosie Moscoso, Math Department Chair
In the general assembly held last Dec. 9, the school honored its top-performing Math wizards for their outstanding achivements in two international competitions: the 2009 Australian Mathematics Competition, and the Wizards in Math International Competition in Lucknow, India.
The Australian Mathematics Competition is facilitated by the Australian Mathematics Trust, which aims to highlight the significance of mathematics and to provide students an opportunity to discover their talents in this field of study. According to Wikipedia, since its inception in 1976 in the Australian Capital Territory, the participants have increased to 600,000 where 100,000 come from outside Australia. It is estimated to be the world’s largest mathematics competition.
Last August 6, 2009, Xavier School participated in the 2009 Australian Mathematics Competition. Over 2,000 Filipino elementary and high school students took part in the AMC, which was jointly administered in the Philippines by Australian Mathematics Trust representatives, Mathematics Trainers’ Guild-Philippines (MTG), and the Science Education Institute of the Department of Science and Technology.
During the competition, students from different schools in Australia, Southeast Asia and the Pacific solved thirty problems that ranged from easy to highly challenging questions. Our representatives from Xavier High School participated in two categories: the Junior Paper Category (for High 1 and High 2) and the Intermediate Paper Category (for High 3 and High 4).
The following are the students who placed well and were awarded certificates. The first group was given the Certificate of Credit awarded to a student who belongs to the top 50% in his category. The following students received the Certificate of Credit:
1. Nathaniel Ryan Ang – H1C
2. David Christopher Gozali – H1B
3. Kyle Isaac Kua – H1B
4. Peter Nicholas Onglao – H1C
5. Paul Louis Dee – H2G
6. Philip Armand Gozali – H2G
7. Raphael Lee – H2A
8. Kenrik Royce Ng – H2A
9. Earl Alexjeandre Tan – H2G
The second group received the Certificate of Distinction, awarded to a student who belongs to the top 15% of his category. The Certificates of Distinction were awarded to:
1. Brendon Matthew Go – H1D
2. Royce Adrian Tee – H1D
3. Sigmund Ty – H1B
4. Benedict Co – H2G
5. Aldrich Mayoralgo – H2A
6. Ryan Carl Yu – H3C
7. Evan Niccolo Lao – H4A
8. Marquis Alexandre Tan – H4B
In addition, one of our own students participated in the 2009 Wizards at Mathematics International Competition as part of a 20-member team from the Philippines, last October 27 – 30, 2009. By the end of the 4-day competition, the RP team had won 25 medals: 4 gold, 11 silver and 10 bronze, finishing second in the seven-nation contest. Nathaniel Ryan Ang of H1C earned one of the Philippines’ individual gold medals and another gold in the team category.
Congratulations to our Math wizards! Luceat Lux!
Last Nov. 28, art works of selected Grade School students were put on exhibit, together with art works of students from PAEA member schools, at the Cultural Center of the Philippines along Roxas Blvd., Manila. The 2009 PAEA Children’s Exhibit is entitled ‘Kalikasayahan’.
This year’s theme focuses on the environment and its role in the education of the youth. The works submitted by the Xavier students used the environment as their inspiration and source for creating art.
The art works include 36 pieces of “Personal Symbols” cast in plaster by former G7 students (now H2), ten sculptures from wood scraps, and several works on paper in colored markers (G2) and in pastel (G3). Grade 2 parents attended the opening of the exhibit last November 28, which will until January 2010. Congratulations to our young Xavier artists!
Ni Jessel Herradura (H3D), Patnugot ng Stallion para sa Filipino
Noong nakaraang Nobyembre 21, nag-uwi ng tatlong medalya ang Stallion, opisyal na pahayagan ng Paaralang Xavier, sa taunang Para sa Bayan at Lasalyano 2009 (Baylayn 2009) na pinamunuan ng Ang Pahayagang Plaridel ng Pamantasang De La Salle. Read the rest of this entry »
by Ryan Yu (3C),Stallion Associate Editor-in-Chief for Chinese
九月十九日，在侨中学院举行了翻译比赛；光启学校的队在中译英比赛中获得了第四名。 Read the rest of this entry »